Saturday, March 7, 2009

Blessings

Today I thought about how lucky we've been with this healthy, perfect baby. Hayden was almost four months old before he had his very first illness: a short lived, low-grade fever. It lasted a few hours and wasn't in a dangerous our hospital-worthy range. He is such a happy baby and brings so much joy to our lives.

Every day I am so thankful for him. I don't think you can ever overestimate the value of a healthy baby. I have a lot of friends who delivered their babies early or had babies with health problems. As a mother, there is nothing more important than the health of your child. We worry even when they're perfectly healthy, so a runny nose or small cough is enough to send us into panic mode. I didn't freak out last night over his fever, but it would have been very easy to! Luckily I have family and friends that are just a phone call away to "talk me off the ledge" and help me figure out what to do. So much of being a parent is trial and error, learning as you go. But in the end, we just love our babies and want the best for them.

3 comments:

Eve said...

Glad that everything is ok! I am definitely a parent who worries over everything even when she is just fine! I agree how blessed I am about having a healthy baby girl. Almost 7 weeks and no illness yet:)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Hayden is doing well. I love following the blog to see how the little guy is growing. A late "Congratulations" on your 3 year anniversary - where is the time going? Tell Jay "hello" from Winston-Salem. Hope to see you when you get in town. Love, to all!

Melissa of {craftgasm} said...

I can't wait to see you both at Reunion! I'm so looking forward to meeting him. (Oh, and seeing you again, too. ;))