Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Doctor's Appointment and stomach bug

Well we had a fabulous weekend as usual! We went to our friend Misty's softball game, had Hayden's six month pictures taken, went bowling and had a barbeque at our house. It was my first time grilling, and it was fairly successful! We had a ton of people at our house but Oscar and Hayden didn't seem to mind all the extra bodies. Hayden was a little sniffly and stuffy, so I kept giving him saline and wiping his nose (much to his dismay). He woke up super sniffly on Monday but I knew we had a doctor's appointment Tuesday so I didn't worry much.

Last night I went in around 11 to check on him, just to see how he was breathing with all the stuffiness. Imagine my surprise to find the crib covered in vomit, and my baby, sleeping soundly, completely soaked head to toe in said vomit. It was EVERYWHERE. Which meant waking up my peaceful baby, stripping him and his bed down, a second bath of the evening, washing everything in the crib and hanging out with Hayden, who seemed to feel much better. He was smiley and happy, despite the mess he'd made in his sleep.

Today we went to the doctor, and Hayden seemed to be feeling fine. He weighs 16 lbs, 7 oz and is 27 inches long. Man is he growing! His bug was a 24-hour deal (we hope) and neither the doctor nor I were too worried about it. He's right on track with development and entertained the doc's office with his tippy-toe push ups. I took pictures, but I let a friend borrow my camera cord so they'll be up soon! We've also moved on to oatmeal after all the veggies passed with flying colors (no pun intended) and we'll test out the fruit by the weekend. Just in time for Jay to come home!

1 comment:

Eve said...

I am glad that he is better! Cameron will spit up sometimes in her crib and just sleep through it too! Amazing how they don't wake up enough to complain!