
We are so busy these days, so I apologize that blogging has fallen to the wayside. I am working full time, which means the little spare time I have is spent with Jay and Hayden, and trying to keep up with the mountain of laundry we seem to accumulate.
We had a spectacular weekend in Paris planned last week, but as things often do in the Army, those plans changed. We spent about 18 hours there, saw the Cathedral de Notre Dame and the Eiffel Tower, but unfortunately the Louvre, the Arc de Triomphe, Versailles, Normandy and a whole host of museums and monuments will have to wait for another time!

Hayden's independence seems to grow by the day. He loves to brush his own teeth, take off his pants and diaper for the bath, wash himself in the tub and of course, feed himself. He is learning new words, new climbing techniques and new ways to give mom a heart attack! He is defintely attached to dad, and loves to have him around for everything. His new favorite things to do are put things in the trash ("tass") and to sweep with his Hayden-sized Swiffer.
Jay is back at work from 9-5 starting last Monday, and is due for a post-surgery check up at the end of this month. He's recovering well and is definitely not missing the pain he was in for the better part of two years.

June is my favorite in Germany because that means the fest is here! The volksfest is across from on-post housing, so it's a short drive to fun for us! Ferris wheel, rides, beer and FOOD! We've been twice so far and I anticipate at least one more trip because I haven't gotten ice cream yet! My favorite is the slushie place, followed closely by the "schweinsteak" or pork steak sandwich. Hayden is a big fan of the bratwurst and the crepes. Good choices, I think.
In July, I go back to part-time working and I can't wait! I'm ready to go to the gym, run errands, clean house and have time (and energy!) to hang out with my boys. Working full time has been nice, but I'm excited for my five-hour schedule again. Right now I'm battling a sinus and ear infection, so a few hours a day off will be a welcome treat come mid-summer. Hayden got his 18-month shots last week, which means no more shots until he's FOUR! What a champ.
No comments:
Post a Comment