Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sick

Hayden and I both have colds. They started out as sniffles the last day in Texas but thankfully did not ruin our trip! I was feeling pretty crappy by the time we got settled in at home and didn't sleep a wink thanks to complete congestion. I got up at 2am to brush my teeth because I was breathing through my mouth and was pretty disgusted.

Mucinex-D has become a good friend of mine and helped clear out most of my congestion in two doses. Hayden needs a bit more work, since all we can do for him is vapor bath, Baby vicks (they actually have it here, unlike Germany where it's an urban legend) and saline, saline, saline. He's become a champ at taking saline up the nose in the past two years. Aquaphor is helping keep the redness down on his baby nostrils that are taking a beating with all the wiping.

I took him to the doctor yesterday to get him all checked out for school and he assured me it was just a run of the mill cold. America agrees with Hayden...he's gained three pounds and an inch since we arrived! He's a full three feet tall now and weighs just over 33 lbs. What a beast! That puts him in the 93rd percentile for weight and height. He's my big boy, and can wear very little of his 2T clothing. Looks like mom's first paycheck will be going towards some new clothes for my growing boy!

We got all his paperwork in to start at his new school on Monday. We took him yesterday to check it out and he was instantly excited about the playground. I just hope the weather cooperates for some outside time! We are supposed to get snow this weekend and I am just fine if it goes right over us.

2 comments:

Eve said...

What school are you putting him in?

Jess said...

He's going to Children's Choice daycare, we just call it school because it's easier for him to say and understand! My nephew went there and my niece is still there and they had a great experience so we are trying it out.