Our lives seem to be a blur of normalcy these days, which isn't so bad. We work and go to school and eat meals together and play and clean and sleep. It's a nice change from this time last year, which was work and daycare and Afghanistan and one set of hands to take care of a squirmy toddler. It's really hard to believe the difference in where we are now compared to 12 short months ago.
Last weekend Hayden was sick with a stomach virus. He came home from school, where they said he just wasn't acting like himself. He got halfway up the stairs before he threw up all over them, himself and Jay. He continued vomiting for several days and didn't start feeling better until SUNDAY. What a long weekend! While Hayden was losing FIVE pounds in four days, I was cleaning, washing, sanitizing and trying to kill as many bad germs as possible in hopes of a recovery.
Luckily he's a champ and has bounced back, and is eating enough to be back up to a stout 37 pounds in no time. Amidst the cleaning and snuggling, I actually got to work on some scrapbooking! It was fun to get through a book finally that I've been working on for months and to have the prospect of getting caught up. Ha! No such thing in scrapbooking but a girl can dream!
I officially started my position as a Financial Aid Advisor on Friday April 1st (no April Fools for me!) and really like it. I have a bunch of new responsibilities and like learning new things on a daily basis. Other than that, we're just preparing for an extremely busy spring and hoping the sunny weather sticks around!
No comments:
Post a Comment