This marks my 300th blog post! A strange milestone, but a milestone nonetheless.
When I got pregnant with Hayden, I was about 125 pounds. I had been working out several days a week to get me through the deployment, and eating for one can be easy, especially when cereal is so tempting over cooking a meal. In my first trimester I cut out a lot of carbs and sugar and fat and caffeine, and was sort of miserable over it. I finally realized the secret to pregnancy was listening to my body, and that a little mac 'n cheese was not going to doom my baby to a life of obesity. I was much happier when I figured it out.
This time around, I am nowhere near the size I was before Hayden. Call it working full time with a husband that works nights and having no time to work out, or call it lazy. Either way, I'm not as active as I was and my eating habits can definitely use a change. Is pregnancy the time to go on a diet? Yes and no. Depriving my body of the junk I don't need? Absolutely. Counting calories and going hungry? Not exactly a recipe for a healthy mom and baby. This time around, I realize a little more that it's weight, and it can be lost. There's something freeing about realizing that while it's harder to lose it than to gain it, it's just weight. I have a plan for what I might do after the baby is born, but for now I'm enjoying my pregnant body and watching my baby grow. And still eating cereal for dinner sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment