Sunday, October 13, 2013

Catch up

We are down to five puppies in the house, three of whom need homes. We drove to VA, NJ, and Chapel Hill and has people come from Wilmington, High Point and Salisbury to get them. It's hard to see them go but I know they're going to good homes. 

My dad passed away on Friday. We kind of knew on Wednesday so I started letting him go then. It's going to be hard for a long time but for now, the tears have subsided. 

Lila has more teeth. Her incisors are coming in and that makes her cranky. Plus she's nearing two, so everything is "mine" and "no way" is her response of choice. 

Hayden is doing well in pre-k and is getting good at writing his name. He's really good at counting and writing his numbers. He's been on field trips to the library, the fair and the fire station. This week I get to take him on a field trip to a pumpkin patch. 

We are keeping one puppy. His name is Hero and he's beautiful. His paws are huge and that's an indicator of how big he will be. Yikes. 

Work is busy and good. I love being back at Salem and working with students. I'm so glad everything worked out the way it did. 

I'm likely to post more often so I don't fill up my newsfeed with memories of my dad. It's good to remember but I don't feel like Facebook is the place to bring people down. Here, people have the choice to read. 

No comments: