Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Weekend fun

Our weekends lately are nuts. They're supposed to be: the sun is out, summer is here and we're enjoying all of it!

Friday was fairly calm, with dinner at home and hanging out, watching movies. Saturday Jay had to work in the morning so I took my time getting up, making beds, doing laundry and making breakfast. Lila likes to sleep in on the weekends (she gets that from me) but Hayden doesn't so my days start early. It's nice to have that little time with him before anyone else is up and when the dogs are still calm. Ish.

The weather was promising, so we went to Emerald Pointe for some fun in the sun. We were later met by Aaran, Tyler and Carter, with Erin and Ryan arriving later. The kids had a blast. We did the wave pool for awhile, where Lila is less terrified than Hayden. Baby pool, where Lila can slide and swing. Then Soak Zone, where the boys can play with water guns. This is where Lila threw her newest "tantrum", the silent treatment. She doesn't realize yet that it doesn't hurt mommy, and I'm sure not telling her. The downside of the day at the water park is that mom forgets to reapply HER sunscreen so I left with a pretty solid burn. But the kids didn't!

Quick trip to the grocery store, then home for the kids to nap. I whipped up a few sides, woke up an angry Lila and we were out the door to Eric's for a mini cookout. Lila jumped, Hayden played, Zoe tried to put makeup on Hayden, dogs ate the leftover burgers and brats...all in a day's work. We got home around midnight and crashed.

Jay left for work early Sunday, and the kids both slept super late. Hayden got up around 11:30 and Lila was down until 12:30. Hayden and I went to Reidsville for baby Sarah's baby shower (he's been dying to go to one FOREVER) and he asked questions the whole way there. He has to know all the things, which I understand. So I answered as many as I could. On the way we passed the cemetery where my dad is buried so Hayden asked if we could stop and see him. I told him we would on the way back as we were, of course, already running late. We got to the shower and it was so good to see Sarah and her family! Baby Silas is sure to be spoiled with all the love he can stand. We had a great time and stayed almost til the end, when Hayden was restless.

We headed home and stopped by to see his Papaw. He had a lot of questions, death and health related. I can't get over what he retains and remembers and is able to explain, at age 5. I hope he carries a lot of memories of his Papaw with him, since he didn't get much time with him. Lila won't really have those memories, but we can share ours.

It seems like the weekend is over before it begins!

No comments: