Thursday, November 12, 2015

Greek marinated chicken

I don't really measure unless I'm baking. So...

I made this new chicken and I loved it.

I mixed 1 cup plain greek yogurt with juice of one lemon and a little bit of the zest, lots of garlic (I assume fresh or not would work), parsley, salt and pepper, about two tablespoons of olive oil and a little bit of oregano.

Put it in a container with chicken, making sure all the chicken was coated. I let it marinate for two days and when I pulled it out it smelled AMAZING. I had to use a spoon to take out the excess and spread it over the chicken.

I baked at 375 (boneless skinless) for 30 minutes and the texture wasn't what I wanted so I turned on the broiler and put it back in for a good 5-7 minutes. It got nice and brown and made the mixture more solid on top of the chicken instead of slippery.

It was awesome! It's supposed to be a good grilling recipe and I don't usually grill with dairy so I'm interested to try it.

No comments: