Thursday, October 23, 2008

Doctor's Appointment, 34 weeks 3 days

Seems like I'm always going to the doctor now! We showed up a little early, I peed in a cup and sat in the waiting room for only a minute until they told me to go to the "first room". I've never been in there, usually I'm in the second room (for ultrasounds) except for my first two appointments when I was in the third room (for exams). Turns out they wanted to hook me up to a fetal heart rate monitor, which they'll do for the rest of my appointments. It takes 30 minutes, which we weren't expecting, but it was fun laying there listening to his little heart beating so fast! I had to lay on my side with the monitors on both sides of my stomach, with my head on what looked like a giant Boppy. The FHR monitor measures his heart rate and my contractions (if any, but none yet!) to make sure we're both doing well.

After that, we went into the room I'm used to for the rest of my appointment. Weight (not much change from my last appointment), blood pressure (a tiny bit high but nothing to worry about) and ultrasound. I think Hayden had just shifted that morning into a more vertical position, because my belly felt not so lopsided for the first time in awhile. He's settled a little more with his head down near my pelvis, but continues to move like a little wiggle worm with what room he has left! He's about 5 lbs, 7 oz right now and is growing just fine. Heart rate, amniotic fluid, blood flow to the umbilical cord are all fine, so we're just trucking along. He wasn't in a good position for an ultrasound pic for us, neither the regular nor the 3D. So no pictures this time, but it's just as well since our master scanner, Dandy, has already shipped her household goods including her scanner!

Today I'm having a mini-baby shower lunch with some of my fun ladies today and I can't wait! Jay should have a long weekend so we're ready to relax and have some fun. We also have a halloween party this weekend and can't wait to wear our costumes! Oscar's been a little sick lately so I think we're all ready for a little break.

1 comment:

SJ said...

You sound so happy and it is awesome that he will be here so soon! Thinking of you guys! I'm in DC this weekend for an MBA conference - hoping to network with recruiters so wish me luck! Can't wait to see pics of your Halloween costumes! XOXO