Sunday, February 1, 2009

Well we dropped Jay off at 7am yesterday and have been on our own since then! We haven't done a whole lot, but I'm slowly crossing things of my to-do list while Jay's gone. I rearranged the basement yesterday, which is way more exciting than it sounds. I hate not being able to get to everything and not knowing where stuff is, so I made quick work of it while Hayden was napping.

What's really exciting is that I booked our plane tickets to Madrid yesterday! We were looking for somewhere to go during Presidents' Day weekend and I found some super cheap tickets. A quick call to Jay to make sure it was okay, and I was booking Hayden's very first flight. I'm so excited, and can't wait for our adventure in Spain! When we went to Italy we didn't get stamps in our passports; there wasn't even a customs agent anywhere to be seen. This time we're flying in the middle of the day, so surely someone will humor me and give me baby's-first-passport-stamp. I love living in Europe because I can run off to Madrid...for the weekend.

2 comments:

Nick D said...

i love how you put your going to Madrid on President's Day. I believe its called Inquisition Day in Espana.

;)

I am beyond jealous either way Jess! Hayden will be more well traveled than me before he's one!!

Eve said...

how awesome to be able to go to Madrid! I hope that you guys have a ton of fun!