Monday, February 23, 2009

Baby Houdini

Hayden is getting stronger by the day, particularly with his legs. We discovered just HOW strong yesterday. I put him in his crib when he was a little cranky, because he didn't want to go to sleep. He was overtired, rubbing his little eyes and yawning. I laid him in the same spot I always do, gave him his bink and his puppy and closed the door. Usually after about 15 minutes he has worn himself out a little and we pick him up and he falls asleep almost instantly. When I went in to pick him up, I saw he had moved himself around a bit. Instead of being parallel to the long side of the crib, he had turned himself a whole 90 degrees so his head was against the drop side of the crib. Thank goodness for crib bumpers!

He's getting so much better at sleeping, finally! He's sleeping a little longer at night, and is starting to go longer between daytime feedings. Yesterday he played on his quilt so hard that he just put himself to sleep on it, which never happens. He's getting more consistent with daytime naps and goes down without a fuss most times. Hooray for progress!

Hayden had a playdate with his friend Addie, who is five months old and lots of fun! She can do things that Hayden can't, but they have a good time with his toys and playing on his quilt. Oscar likes Addie too, and she doesn't mind him licking her face and hands. We're hoping they like to play together so their mommies can scrapbook!

1 comment:

Nick D said...

Scrapbooking...lol ;)

And I do not think I've ever seen a baby with so much hair. I mean he is going to be trouble in high school Jess. Capital T.