Friday, May 22, 2009

My turn!

It seems as though somewhere in the cleaning up after and taking care of Hayden's stomach bug, I got it myself! I woke up around 5:30am on Thursday not feeling so great. I hung out in the bathroom for a few minutes, waiting for the inevitable vomit, and as soon as it came I immediately felt better. I made a mental note of everything I had eaten on Wednesday, and decided to clean out the fridge just to be on the safe side. When I woke up, of course! That turned out to be an hour later, when Hayden woke up to eat. I fed him and as soon as I put him back down, it was back to the bathroom for me. It was then I decided it wasn't something I ate; but the dreaded stomach bug that we all seem to be passing around.

In the Army, we get used to spending extended periods of time away from Jay. Hayden and I usually handle it pretty well, but it's pretty hard to have a stomach bug when you're the sole caregiver for a 6-month-old and a dog! Unfortunately every time I picked Hayden up to take him either upstairs or downstairs, I had to put him down and run to the bathroom. I matched him nap for nap, sleeping every time he did until my bath during his evening nap. I tried crackers, Sprite, water, dry toast, Pepto Bismol. Nothing worked unfortunately, and it had to run its course. Oscar and Hayden were both pretty understanding but it was quite a miserable day!

The good news is that Hayden has finally realized he's a baby that needs to sleep 10 hours at night! Three nights in a row he's slept 10+ hours through the night, which is making life much easier. He's still napping well during the day, and this weekend we're starting some fruit! He doesn't love the oatmeal but he still eats it. Today we're taking it easy and getting ready for Jay to come home this weekend! We have missed him and can't wait to see him. I need to get my stomach back in working order so we can have chinese food when he gets here!

No pictures for this post...you don't need to see what we looked like yesterday! Baby Hayden stayed in pajamas all day, and I was a sight.

1 comment:

Eve said...

I know that it is a bit late but I hope that you are feeling much better and that you and Hayden had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend with Jay!