Saturday, June 27, 2009

We were so not ready for this

It's official...Hayden is growing up too fast! On Wednesday he pulled himself to a standing position all by himself, out of nowhere! Jay and I were both home to see it, and it was super exciting! He woke up at 3 this morning to eat, he hadn't eaten much yesterday so I anticipated it. What I did NOT anticipate was walking in to pick him up and finding his mobile in his crib! He had pulled it down and was chewing happily on it. Silly baby. I fed him and put him back to sleep.

This morning I heard a crash from his room at 8am, so I went in to investigate. Imagine my surprise when I walked in and he was standing in the corner of his crib, knocking things off of his bookcase. So tonight we'll be lowering his crib mattress a few notches before disaster can strike! He's getting very good at pulling up (obviously!) and today he stood up for a split second without holding onto anything. Jay doesn't believe me since he didn't see it, but it happened!

I had a fun adventure with the ladies of our troop this morning, so Jay and Hayden spent the day at home hanging out together. I had a blast with the ladies, and the boys seemed to have a lot of fun, too!

1 comment:

Eve said...

wow pulling up! I can't even get Cameron to roll over yet from either tummy to back or back to tummy! Isn't it amazing how fast they do grow up!