Normally I make his appointments in the morning to avoid the eventual backup doctors have by the end of the day, but they had to change his appointment at the last minute to an afternoon one. Imagine my surprise when we walked in to a nearly empty office! This time there was no paperwork to fill out, and Hayden was big enough to actually play in the toy room. We were called back shortly and Hayden was measured...19.2 lbs and 28.7 inches long. He's growing and developing well! He met with the other pediatrician, who is male, and the difference was noticeable. He's very nice, but Hayden definitely took a few minutes to warm up to him. He just stared while the doctor was listening to his heartbeat, and after a few minutes (and some toy bribery) he was just fine.
The doctor was very impressed with Hayden's motor skills and verbal abilities. It should go without saying that I do a lot of talking to Hayden, and apparently it's paying off! This time we didn't need shots, and Hayden was rewarded with a pretzel (which he enjoyed). Our next appointment isn't until after his birthday, but I can't believe how old he is already!
1 comment:
Wow how time flies!! I can't get over the fact that he's 9 months already!!
He's getting cuter by the post!
Post a Comment