Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hayden and Oscar

Hayden has been dying to play with Oscar, and they're finally starting to work together. Hayden has a very distinct laugh when he's playing with Oscar; it's this very excited squeal laugh. Today I dropped some Cheerios on the high chair and walked over to pick something up off of the floor. I heard the "Oscar laugh" and turned around. Hayden has figured out that if he shares food with Oscar, Oscar will lick his hands and play with him. He thinks it's funny now, but wait until he starts stealing his chicken tenders like he did with the Fleming girls!

Last night I dropped Hayden off for our girls night. Normally he does really well but I've never dropped him off at night. As soon as I put him down, another little girl stepped on his fingers so I picked him up to calm him down. After that he didn't want me to leave, but mom needed some girl time! When I left his had two big tears rolling down his cheeks, so I was definitely worried about him. When my phone didn't ring at dinner, I figured he was fine. We had a great dinner and played a LONG round of Uno that was cut short when we realized it was time to pick up the kids! Hayden was STILL awake at 11:30 but they said he did great. He was very curious about all the toys and the other kids, and was happy just a few minutes after we left. He fell asleep in the car on the way home and even slept through me unbuckling him; he woke up long enough to get inside the house and get a diaper change, but then went right to sleep. He had a long day!

No comments: