As I pulled in to the gate, I saw a bus in the lane beside me
and knew that it was one of the buses the boys would be on later tonight. It's a surreal feeling, doing this for the third time. The only way to get through it is to stay positive, so that's what I tried to do yesterday. We hung out in one of the bays for awhile and finally it was time to form up. The commander said a few words and then released the soldiers to their families for ten minutes. We said our goodbyes, kissed our baby and then it was over. I watched him march off with so many other people I care about, and just prayed for the best.
So today is day one, and it's cold and rainy. We're having the girls over for dinner tonight, and we're going to learn how to do this all over again. Oscar and Hayden know something is up, they're acting differently and that's okay. One day at a time, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment