Thursday, April 15, 2010

Quick update

Life has accelerated to warp speed when we figured out that Jay would be coming home in April. His R&R is scheduled for September, but he has a leftover back injury from the last deployment that has been aggravated by the current deployment, and requires surgery. It's all very whirlwind and in true Army fashion, I actually found out that Jay was for sure coming home when I checked my email and had a message from our commander. That went out to everyone. Solid.

Anyway, Jay is en route to Germany as we speak, and will be seen at Landstuhl (Army hospital conveniently located near Ramstein AFB, home of the mall and Mac Grill)...scratch that, just received a phone call, he is currently at Landstuhl. Not sure when we will actually see him, but we're in the same country now! Eeep!

2 comments:

Eve said...

yea! Glad he is coming home too bad he has to have surgery! I know that you and Hayden will be so glad to see him!

Annie said...

I hope the surgery goes well and that y'all enjoy being in the same place again!! xoxo