Monday, April 5, 2010

Bazaar weekend

Last weekend was the annual Spouses Club spring bazaar. Since I'm actually a member of the Spouses Club this year, I got to help with the bazaar instead of just shopping! I worked a little on Thursday before going to work, and volunteering gets you early shopping before the doors open on Friday! Friday morning I showed up and bought two cases of wine and four kinds of cheese...all before 10am! Seemed like a pretty good way to start my day. There's a wine vendor that Jay loves so I picked up a case of his favorite, and they had the gluwein we love so much in red AND white, how could I choose between them? I didn't, I split a case between them. Jackpot. Jay also really loves this South African hot sauce the cheese guy always has so I picked up a few bottles of that for him as well.
I worked Friday and then stopped back by the bazaar. They needed a few extra hands so I hung out for a bit, thanks to my full-time daycare I had two extra hours to help out! Hayden and I came home to hang out for the evening, and relaxed for the most part.  Saturday morning I took him to CDC for Super Saturday and was able to volunteer for four more hours at the bazaar. Some of those ladies worked all day, every day from Thursday to Sunday so being able to help them was nice.

I picked up a few gifts, and one more piece of Polish pottery (like I needed another one, right?) from Andy's, one of our favorite stores that was closed when we went. I have some egg plates, yes, but I had to have this one. Did I mention I love the bazaar? It was quite a successful endeavor, for both the shoppers and the Spouses Club!

No comments: