Thursday, December 16, 2010

So here we are. What next?

So. We are finally getting settled in Greensboro. We luckily have some great family that is letting us stay with them while we are looking for a house. The looking can't really start until we're settled, budgeted and employed, so it's nice to have somewhere to sit still and put away all our stuff. Our unaccompanied baggage arrived this week, which meant the arrival of Hayden's crib and toys. We are having the hardest time getting him back on a schedule. It only makes sense, with all the travel and given that every day is different and he's not back in daycare yet. We have found one we like, but it doesn't make sense to start him until January when the holidays and our last bit of travel before we settle down.

Hayden's newest obsession is Toy Story 3. And when I say obsession, I mean he demands to watch it at least three times a day, sometimes twice back to back when he wakes up at 530am. While I'm not a big fan of him watching that much television, I kind of feel like he's a CHAMP with all the running around we do so he wins that battle a lot.

Jay is all registered for school and we're getting the rest of the ducks in a row. Changing over car and health insurance, getting bits and pieces figured out and applying for jobs (me). I've done a little applying but most of the positions don't close until the end of this month or the beginning of the next so there's not a lot I can be doing right now. Except more applying, which is what I'm going to keep doing. I want a job soon!

Hayden is having a great time with all his family and really likes the new dogs we get to play with!

No comments: