Friday, December 24, 2010

A weekend of fun!

Last weekend we managed to cram a whole lot of fun stuff into just one weekend! After taking a trip to see Santa (and the necessary nap that followed) we headed west to see the Festival of Lights at Tanglewood Park. I haven't been in years and of course, Hayden has never been! He really likes the Christmas lights as we drive around at night so we figured that would be a hit for him. A quick stop to get some munchkins from Dunkin Donuts and we were ready to brave the line!

Surprisingly for a Friday night we didn't have to wait that long and boy was Hayden excited! He kept pointing out the things he had words for (tree, Santa, lights) and asked us what everything else was. My favorite part is the snowflakes, and the guy hitting the golfball near the club. What a fun experience! We drove slowly through the roads and ate our munchkins listening to Christmas music. Hayden passed out on the way home from all the excitement.

On Saturday we spent a little time with my brother and his family before dropping Hayden off with my mom and grandmother so we could go to the Coliseum. My very own Carolina Tarheels were playing Texas in Greensboro and our family had gotten us tickets to see them! We braved the last-Saturday-before-Christmas and Coliseum traffic to get there but made it in the arena just a minute or two after the tip. We grabbed some snacks and headed to our seats to watch the game.

It was a good game and a close one, but in the end Carolina lost. We picked up a mini Carolina basketball for Hayden before we left. I can't wait to take him to a basketball game when he's a little older and can get as excited as I do!

On Sunday we did a little running around and then headed back to Winston for Katie's Christmas Drop-In. I got to see some of my friends that I hadn't seen since at least 2008 and some of Katie's family I hadn't seen in even longer. Hayden busied himself with Katie's books, trying to break things and attempts at sticking his fingers in the dip. There were so many people and he was pretty shy at first but then commenced his usual Hurricane Hayden status. We had food and drinks and fun with friends before heading back home. I love the holidays!

No comments: