Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

As luck should have it, Hayden was sick last night and didn't get to wear his St. Patty's day shirt to school. I was so bummed, since it's terribly adorable and was acquired WEEKS ago to prevent him from being pinched. He was throwing up into the wee hours of the morning for no apparent reason, so mom spent the day at home with him. I love being a working mom and he loves being in school, but sometimes it's nice to have a day together in the middle of the week, especially when there's sunshine available!

He stopped throwing up at 5am but I didn't want to send him to school so I let him get some good sleep this morning. We made breakfast together and watched cartoons and played with toys. After his nap (that's right, slept in his own bed in the middle of the day!) we headed outside to get some fresh air. Grandma Gloria got him a Buzz Lightyear four-wheeler that has only been ridden around our apartment, so we took it out for a spin. We rode all the way up to the playground, since Hayden hadn't yet investigated its possibilities.

He had a great time on the slides and bridge and climbing apparatus. He's amazingly gifted in the area of climbing, which will surely cause trouble in years to come. But for now, it's wonderful to watch him look at something, try it out and figure out how to conquer it all on his own.

No comments: