Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Crock Pot Baked Potato Soup

I always love when I find something yummy looking on Pinterest and have everything I need for it in my house! This was the case a few weeks ago when I stumbled upon a potato soup recipe that seemed easy enough. I love potato soup, but have never found a recipe that I loved. Until now!

I cut the original recipe WAY down (it called for a 5lb bag of potatoes! Who can eat all that soup??) and we really liked it. I can't wait to make it when it's COLD outside.

You will need:



■5 lbs russet potatoes, diced, NOT peeled

■5 tablespoons TS garlic garlic

■1 large yellow onion, chopped

■64 ounces chicken broth or stock

■16 ounces cream cheese

■bacon, sour cream, chives or shredded cheese for garnish

....

I probably used maybe 2 lbs of potatoes, and 16oz of chicken broth. I cut the garlic down to 2 T and I have no idea what TS Garlic garlic is, so I used regular minced garlic. I also cut the cream cheese way down to about 4 oz.

Potatoes, garlic, onion, chicken stock go into the crock pot for 6 hours on low. Once the potatoes are good and soft, add the cream cheese to the crock pot and stir/mash. The recipe said to process it, but I found that everything was soft enough to do by hand, and it made a perfect soup. I poured it into bowls, adding bacon, cheese, sour cream and chives and we loved it!

No comments: