Thursday, August 15, 2013

Sadness

So much sadness in the world today. In my world. A Salem sister laid her four year old son to rest. I cannot fathom that pain, that loss, that hole in her heart. I ache for her and her family. 

Another Salem sister had to put down her beloved dog down today. A member of her family before her baby was born. How do you let go of a faithful, loving and furry companion? The ones that are there for us when we least deserve it. 

One of my Army wives is sending her husband to Egypt this weekend. Over half the news tonight was on the conflict in Egypt. Nine months he'll be gone to help keep peace in a nation that that knows nothing of peace. 

Life isn't fair. I have much to be grateful for but today, I am sad. 

No comments: