Sunday, March 23, 2014

Today

Our life is admittedly crazy. Two kids. Three dogs. Two full time jobs between two full time parents. We are busy. We run around and fall into bed exhausted at the end of the day. We wake up bleary eyed, stumbling to the bathroom or downstairs to quiet a barking dog. And we chose all of it. 

But every once in awhile, I get a rare break from crazy. Jay works Sunday now with his switch to first shift, so he's out the door at 5am. Hayden climbs into my bed around 6 and asks when we can get up. Today, Lila is sleeping in. The dogs have been fed and are outside. So Hayden and I are in the bed watching Frozen. Again. Because it makes is both happy. He's pretty easy to please. And I'm grateful for a little time with my oldest baby, who is strangely not a baby anymore. 

No comments: