Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Yet. Another. Snow day.

Well I'm about done with winter. Yesterday we had an event on campus and right at noon we walked out to sleet, freezing rain, and everything else you find in a wintry mix. Miserable and cold. The drive home was actually fine. But I made the mistake of waiting until after dark to drive my mom home. 

We left my house around 8.  We came up on a car with his hazards on near a bridge. As we got closer, the bridge looked like an intense game of Frogger. Eleven cars wrecked on a bridge about twice the size of my driveway. Since this was only about a mile from my house, I turned right back around. 

I woke up at 5 and kept checking and checking to see if Salem would be closed. Finally they called a two hour delay. I looked outside and saw the sheet of ice on my driveway, and my neighborhood and decided it was not worth risking the drive. Luckily we had power this time. 

When the roads melted and dried after lunch, we headed out to Target to pick up Frozen (ironically). Dinner was ready in the crock pot when we all got home so we filled our bellies and watched Ana and Elsa save the world. Lila was under the weather Sunday and Monday so it was nice to spend a quiet day with her. And her snuggles! 

Tomorrow is supposed to be near 60.  Get it together North Carolina.  

No comments: