Last full week of the challenge! Man it has flown by.
You would think after logging and blogging for 21 days I would have these workouts down in my head. Nope! It's kind of a surprise every day when I log into Trainerize and see what my workout is today. Even though they haven't changed throughout the challenge.
Today for some reason I just didn't feel as strong in the gym. I'm not sure why, but I didn't. I was also SUPER frustrated when I went to the gym so I think I pushed harder but I still didn't feel successful. A few hours later my sore muscles reminded me that I did push myself (maybe a little too much?) and my hungry belly reminded me that my metabolism has sped up in the past few weeks. I think I may have the actual world's slowest metabolism but I can feel it working better since I've started this challenge. These are things the scale can't show me.
I talked to a few friends about my program today, after I shared the pics of my trainer that she posted online. She looks amazing, post-baby and is a super supportive helpful woman. I realized a long time ago that surrounding yourself with supportive, positive people can make all the difference in the world. I think that changed a big part of my life's outlook when I removed so many negative people from my world. We don't all have to agree, we certainly don't have to have the same goals, but positivity is not only healthy...it's contagious! I'm glad I've figured that out and reinforced that over the past few weeks.
I'm excited to do meal prep next week when half of the week is back to "real life" and not shakes for breakfast and lunch. There's some meals I love but that my family doesn't so I can prepare those for my lunches for the whole week! Truth: I kind of miss chewing my lunch. Breakfast isn't so bad, but this girl loves to eat and drinking two meals a day has been a challenge for me. I did set up my order for shakes to still mail to me once a month so I can have them at the ready for breakfast on the go or lunch on a busy day. I'm kind of pumped for this week and my workouts and finishing strong!
No comments:
Post a Comment