Friday, July 11, 2008

What an exciting week!

I felt the baby move for the first time this week! I was on the phone with Jay, and felt a tiny little movement that I wasn't sure was the baby or not. Everyone always says, "you'll know it when it happens", but how will I know?? I told Jay I thought it moved, but I couldn't tell. Then a few minutes later, it happened again! So not only did I feel our baby move for the first time, but at least I could tell him right away!

Since then I've felt a few little movements here and there, and it's amazing! Jay is halfway home in the in-transit phase of this deployment, so my fingers are crossed that he'll be home soon to share all of this with me!

My belly is starting to look a little more like a baby bump, but we still have a long way to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

By "halfway home" do you mean he's the heck out of the sandbox? Because that's excellent news!

I'm so excited for you, but I half don't want to know whether it'll be girl or boy-flavored -- I like surprises. But since YOU want to know, I can't wait to find out to make more appropriate baby items.