Thursday, October 30, 2008

Busy busy!


We're pretty busy in the Rogers house these days! Last week I had a mini-baby shower lunch with some of my favorite ladies and it was fabulous! We're pretty stocked on diapers for awhile, and my ever-so-crafty friend Susie made my nursing cover and matching burp cloths. Hayden will be so stylish in his green stripes! A lot of our friends are moving to new duty stations in the states, so we're in the midst of saying goodbye, seems like every week!

Last Saturday we had an adults-only Halloween party so as not to interfere with trick-or-treating this weekend. We had it at the same pub we did my baby shower at, and it was tons of fun. I was a lady bug, as one of the only costumes that would accomodate my belly, and Jay was the super creepy puppet from the "Saw" movies. We ended up in the emergency room for a short stint, as one of the boys cut his fingers pretty badly, but other than that it was a good time had by all.

Today saw our first snowfall of the year in Germany! It didn't stick of course, and it only lasted a few hours but it was still exciting! Oscar loves the snow, so I let him chase snowflakes for awhile before we were both too cold to stay out any longer. Looks like we might share our first White Christmas with our baby! It's gearing up to be a cold winter over here, so I'm glad we're stocked up on warm blankets, super soft snow bunting, a snowsuit and baby thermals. A few more hats and socks and we'll be good to go! Cold-weather babies make me a little nervous, especially since Jay and I are so warm all the time. Looks like we'll be getting used to warmer temperatures in the house! We did order a wipes warmer since Germany is colder than where we usually live, and will use it at our downstairs changing station (if it ever arrives, that is!).
This weekend we are trick-or-treating with our friends on Friday and hopefully spending some time organizing the house and basement. We've gotten a little slack on the cleaning this week, and our basement is a wreck from digging stuff out for some of our friends that are moving. I'm very anti-clutter these days, so hopefully we'll make some progress! Four weeks left and we can hardly believe it!

1 comment:

Eve said...

I can't believe that you only have four weeks left! Can't wait to meet Hayden via pictures!