Wednesday, December 17, 2008

For my new-mom friends

A lot of my mom-to-be friends have asked if there are things that are more helpful than others, and after four weeks this is what we've come up with!

1. Avent 0-3 months translucent BPA-free pacifiers. Hayden seems to like this brand and shape most, and I like that it doesn't get all sucked to his face and leave marks.

2. Kiddopotamus swaddling blankets. These are GREAT for swaddling, virtually idiot-proof and help him stay asleep when his arms want to flail. They're also lightweight, which is awesome for my hot-natured baby.

3. Fisher Price Itsy Bitsy Bouncer. Hayden loves to hang out in it, and it's great for calming him when he's cranky.

4. Gerber newborn undershirts. I put these on under his pajamas when we go out, they're great for layering and he's just so darn cute in them!

5. Carter's baby mittens. They have just the right amount of elastic to stay on his hands no matter how much he fights to try to scratch his face.

6. Graco quilted Pack N Play sheet. Hayden spends MUCH of his time sleeping in the bassinet level of his Pack N Play, and this sheet keeps it soft, cozy and comfortable. It's thick and warm on his little skin too!

7. Huggies Newborn diapers (though Hayden is long since out of them, I thought they were worth mentioning!). They have a color-change strip that makes it foolproof to see if there's a diaper change needed.

8. GAP 0-6 month sized socks. Cushy and thick, and they make mommy worry less about him having cold feet!

9. Aveeno baby wash and baby lotion (unscented). Super gentle, tear-free and makes him super baby-soft!

10. Crane Adorable Frog humidifier. Cool-mist, easy to assemble, clean and fill and helps his little nose stay clear!

11. Fisher Price Baby Papasan Cradle Swing. He loves to swing, and seems to like the music and bird noises.

12. Diaper depot. We have three changing stations since we have two floors, and it makes diapering so much easier. Hayden hates being wet, so the sooner we can get off a wet diaper, the happier we ALL are. The ones we have are inexpensive and simple, with room for diapers, wipes and assorted diapering supplies, and make a huge difference.

13. Diaper Champ. I like the system of simple disposal, and the fact that I can use any bags for it. It's amazing how many diapers he can go through in one day!

When Hayden allows, I'll add my list of books I couldn't/can't live without!

No comments: