Sunday, December 21, 2008

Growing like a weed

Hayden is officially out of his newborn-sized clothes and hanging out comfortably in his 3 months gear. I can't wait for his appointment in January to see how much he's grown. He looks much more like a sturdy, solid baby instead of a fragile newborn. I was certain he was going through a growth spurt the other day, because he was eating around the clock. I SWEAR he got bigger overnight! It's so awesome to watch him grow and change.

We survived our road trip to Ramstein with little events. Hayden slept most of the way there, and so did I! I rode in the back so I could take care of him if the need arose, since it's hard to stop on the autobahn. We napped while Jay drove, which was nice since Hayden didn't go to sleep until 6am and we got up at 8. We shopped and ate at Chili's, shopped a little more and headed home. Oscar is still at the farm; we decided to extend his vacation by a day to give us a little break and to give him a little more running time.

Last night we decided to let super-cuddler sleep in our bed, since he'd been in the carseat most of the day on our road trip. Sure enough, he slept pretty solidly, waking up once to eat. He woke up again at 4:30 and stayed up about a half hour, then back to sleep he went! We slept off and on downstairs this morning, but life is much easier when we get some sleep!

It's so much fun watching his little smiles, I can't wait to catch one on camera! He is making lots of gurgling and cooing noises that are terribly adorable as well. We're hoping for a white Christmas but it's not looking promising so far. We're excited for our first Christmas as a family, even though Hayden won't remember it.

No comments: