
Last night we went to a movie, and Hayden is getting pretty good at hanging out for two hours while we watch it from the family-friendly soundproof booth at the back of the theater. He woke up for a little while and just wanted to be held, and we're always happy to oblige. I held him until he fell asleep, and since he has a habit of waking up when you put him back in the car seat, he just hung out in my arms for awhile. One of my favorite things is watching him fall asleep when he's relaxed. His little eyelids get so heavy, and he does the long, slow blink and when he's not fighting it, just falls asleep peacefully. He's so sweet. He has found his hands in the past week or so, and spends as much time as possible putting them in his mouth and sucking on them like his life depends on it.
The movies was our reward for working on Hayden's room all weekend. Friday morning we

went to OBI, the German version of Home Depot, and picked out the paint. We did pretty well, considering I forgot the border to match paint. We picked out "sky" and headed home for me to tape off the door and window and outlets and whatnot. As soon as that roller hit the wall, I realized how much better walls look with a little color! As a result, we have plans to paint more rooms in the house. Jay did all the roller work and I did the around-the-tape work, and we finished the paint Friday night despite Hayden's protests. We realized how much easier this is BEFORE the baby comes, but wasn't possible since we thought we were moving.

Saturday morning Jay got to work on the border, and it took him forever. He's pretty precise, and border work is tedious to say the least. It involves water and a razor and waiting and towels and a little flat-edged tool and a TON of patience. But it looks great! I washed his crib bedding and window coverings, and ironed them while Jay was working on the border and when Hayden would allow it. Sunday we got to work on the crib, and Jay made pretty quick work of it. It was put together in no time. We put all the pieces together, and it looks awesome!! I love his room already, and he hasn't even slept in it. We have a small piece of furniture that I bought forever ago that just happens to match his crib, so that's moved up there for his lamp and books and a few toys. Jay put the mobile on, and Hayden is pretty intrigued by the moving dinosaurs.
Now all we have to do is finish putting stuff on the walls and vacuum, and his room

will be Hayden-ready! The name sign my friend Jennifer made for Hayden is absolutely perfect, and matches everything to a "T". Thanks, Jen Pounders (Frick)! I forgot how much I love his bedding, and now that it's up we're ready to start putting him to sleep in there. We put him in the crib to test the waters, and he looks so small in there!
Hayden's birth announcement also appeared in the Greensboro News & Record on Sunday. It's small but check it out if you get the paper! Hayden has a doctor's appointment this morning and we have lots of errands to run, maybe including more paint for downstairs! We should have done this a long time ago. Hayden also has to get his shots this week, and has his first studio photo session. I hope he's ready for his busy week!
1 comment:
look at that room!!
Hey Jay, when you guys get back, I have some stuff you can do for me in Mississippi. :D
I didn't know movie theater's come with sound proof family rooms! That is so cool!
Post a Comment