Afterwards, we headed over to the clinic for his shots. He got one oral vaccine first, which was super easy. I think it tasted good, because he gobbled it up! We moved into the little room, and Bob got the needles ready. It was my job to hold his hand, so I didn't have to watch the needles. When Bob stuck the first needle, Hayden was surprised and then angry! He screamed and turned red and howled until he ran out of air. Meanwhile Bob was sticking needles two and three, and I had Hayden's pacifier ready so when he took a breath, I popped that in his mouth and he was content. So we're done with shots for two months. Hayden was a little warm last night but not quite fever-status, so it looks like he's reacting well.
Those two events went so quickly we had time to get the car inspected, run a few more errands and check the mail. Good news...his birth announcements have arrived! We had time to kill before Jay got off work (man I can't wait until we have a second car!) so I stuffed them into their envelopes while we waited. Today I've addressed and stamped and licked (gross) and they are on their way tomorrow when I go to the mailbox. Jay never remembers to go to the mailbox when I give him stamped envelopes, so I'm just waiting until tomorrow when we have another round of errands and appointments. Last night Hayden slept off and on most of the evening, so I had time to do a little scrapbooking. I'm on a roll, and might be caught up sooner than I thought!
No comments:
Post a Comment