Today, I am utterly frustrated with work. I am discouraged. I am annoyed. It is rare that I get overwhelmed at work, and that coupled with extremely negative feedback and bad attitudes made for a long, crappy day. Luckily, the people I work with directly a) have been there before and therefore b) totally get it; and c) are cool about picking up the slack while I'm losing my mind.
I stopped by the grocery store to pick up a few things for dinner with the full intent to bake baby key lime cupcakes. But then I realized I forgot a pivotal ingredient, so that went out the window. I walked in the door tired, frustrated and just a little bit sad. It's tough to work really hard on something with several people and to finally have it come together...only to have a few outsiders totally rip it apart.
Then I was almost tackled by a little ball of energy with white-blonde hair as I walked in the door. He was so excited to see me, and so excited to tell me about his lunch box (I had made him a lunch for Nana and Papaw's visit and packed it in his lunch box). I wish I had the ability, like my son, to be so grateful and excited for the smallest gesture. And then I heard an excited little squeal coming from the living room, where my baby girl was watching the fan go 'round and 'round and was absolutely fascinated. Her little round face exploded into a smile and that was the nail in the coffin that put this terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day in the grave. I snuggled my babies, sent Jay off to work, yelled at the dogs, ate leftovers and put Lila-bean down for bed. Hayden and I played Memory and now I'm watching him try to fit all the cards onto his bulldozer. I love watching his little brain work as he figures things out. And I did a little craft project last night that Jay actually liked (!) that I can't wait to finish and put up.
Tomorrow is a new day, but I'm betting I'll let my little bundle of energy lay in my bed for a few extra minutes.
1 comment:
I'm sorry your work day was so crappy. I hope that having little balls of joy to come home to made it better.
Post a Comment