One of my oldest friends, Amanda, had tickets to see Rascal Flatts & co in Raleigh back in August, and invited me along! We got there just after the rain had finished, and even scored some VIP parking. We weren't there long when we got another stroke of good luck...free upgrades! They needed people to move up closer for the headliners, so we gladly obliged.
For the first time in a lifetime I forgot my camera so I didn't really get good pictures, but I took a few from my phone. They didn't turn out great, but we had a blast!
I had already seen Eli Young Band earlier this summer with Jay, but they are a great show. I wasn't a huge Little Big Town fan but they were awesome live! It's probably because I hear "Pontoon" every time I turn on the radio.
See how you can't really see anything, except heads? Well at least those heads provided us a little teenage entertainment. Two girls were there with two boys, and you could tell there was one couple, and two "my boy/girlfriend is bringing a friend, maybe you two will hit it off!" Oh young love.
I had never seen Rascal Flatts in concert, and wow, what a show! They played all my favorites, and even took a few requests. Although, I couldn't believe they didn't play "Mayberry" in NC just after the death of Andy Griffith. They ended the night by bringing out Eli Young Band and Little Big Town to sing "American Band". It was awesome!
This past weekend, we got a late set of tickets to see Scotty McCreery, The Band Perry and Brad Paisley in Charlotte. Despite the HORRIFFIC traffic getting there, it was a great time! We missed all the first acts, which was okay with me, but Brad Paisley later brought out Scotty McCreery to sing "Celebrity". We got there during The Band Perry, who put on a much more energetic show than I expected.
I was super excited that, during his set, Brad Paisley brought them out again to sing "Whiskey Lullaby", my very favorite Brad Paisley song!
Jay came along with me this time, which was a fun surprise! Normally he works Friday nights but every now and then we get to have a date night!!
It turned out to be a really fun show. Brad Paisley played for about 90 minutes and as we were leaving he started an encore, but we were ready for the ride home. And holy cow, what a ride home. Traffic was awful again on the way home (I hate you, I-85) but our babies were asleep in their beds and we didn't have a curfew (thanks mom).
Another great concert in the books with my new concert buddy, Amanda...and my favorite concert buddy, Jay!






No comments:
Post a Comment