So I tried out a new recipe last night, but you'd hardly call it a recipe. It was more of a quick toss and bake. Hayden is of course, a huge fan of anything a) going into the oven and b) dessert related. So here's what we did:
I sliced up three fresh apples and tossed them in a greased 9x13. I sprinkled some cinnamon, and brown sugar. Then we poured a package of yellow cake mix on top. It was nothing pretty, but it already smelled delicious! Then I cut up a stick of butter and tossed it on top. It went into the oven. After about 15 minutes, I noticed some dry spots so I sprinkled about 1/4 cup of water on them. After 35 minutes, we had a delicious smelling dessert! It turns out to be more cobbler-like than cake-like. This is good news for me, as Jay has been asking me to make peach cobbler for 7+ years. I may have found a Jessica-friendly way to do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment