Saturday, October 27, 2012

Mushroom and artichoke dip

I needed a light, not spicy dip to go with Cabernet Savignon for my wine club a few weeks ago and this looked perfect. Next time, I'll cut the recipe in half (or even a fourth!) as it made a whole casserole dish of dip!!

1 tsp olive oil
2 cups sliced shitake mushrooms (4 oz)
1-6 oz package of pre-sliced portobellos, chopped
1/2 cup light mayo (I did half mayo, half sour cream)
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
2 T fresh parsley, chopped
1 tsp garlic powder (I'm always generous with the garlic)
1 tsp black pepper (has anyone ever actually measured pepper?)
3/4 tsp salt
dash of cayenne pepper
14oz can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
2-8 oz packages cream cheese
sliced baguette

*Also, the recipe didn't call for it, but I thought it was SCREAMING for parmesan. So I stirred some of that it, and sprinkled it on top.*

Preheat oven to 350. Coat a 2-qt casserole dish with cooking spray

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; saute 5 mins or until tender. Combine mushrooms and remaining ingredients (except baguette), stirring until well blended. Spoon mixture into prepared dish, bake for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

Serve with sliced baguette, toasted or not.

This was a HIT with the wine club, and I will def be making it again!

No comments: