Friday, May 2, 2008

Another appointment!



I had my almost-10-week appointment today! I had to wait a long time, thanks to someone who came in 45 minutes late, and someone else who didn't have an appointment at all. Then again, life in the army is "hurry up and wait", so I'm pretty used to it.

No blood this time! Just a finger prick and pee-in-a-cup. All my test results from last time came back fine, and this time the sonogram showed what is starting to look like a baby! I saw a tiny, fluttery heartbeat and little legs! Our baby is approximately 3 cm long, and really DOES look like a kidney bean!

Which means I called my brother, my parents and Sam to give them the good news. Apparently "we're having a baby" or "you're going to be an uncle" aren't specific enough, as my dad and brother both asked, "Who?" It's exciting to finally be able to share it though!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

aww how sweet! I think my first one she was about that size. I saw her arms and legs move and it was so amazing! We called he our little peanut :). I know what you mean about not having the hubby there. It was pretty difficult and frustrating not having him there. Good thing i went home to the states and had my mom there to help me through :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, Ceese, I'm so excited for you two! This whole peers-giving-birth thing is bizarre for me, but it sounds like you guys have been thinking about it for a while.

Also, I learned recently that it used to be pink for boys and blue for girls a hundred or so years ago, so that means you can buy pink all you want without guilt, because if it's a girl, you're being modern, and if it's a boy, you're just kicking it old school. I knew you'd appreesh that info -- and that was before I knew you were pregnant. Great minds and all that. :)