Saturday, May 31, 2008

Almost 14 weeks

I've read a lot of books, a lot of articles, and even seen a few documentaries on labor and delivery. But even The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy cannot give you the amount of information one Memorial Day BBQ with four moms can! I am lucky to be in a community of such diverse and amazing mothers, and last week I found myself in the company of four women who have among them nine children ranging from newborns to college students. That being said, I also have not FEARED labor until that conversation. There's so much to think about, luckily I have plenty of other stuff between now and then to keep me busy.

Yesterday I got my new book in, The Pregnancy Journal. So far, this is what I'm most excited about of all the books and things baby-related I've purchased. This is an awesome book that's a combination journal/advice/general baby knowledge and wisdom book and I am in LOVE with it. It breaks down the development of my baby day by day, as well as what's happening to me and some fun advice and quotes. To start, you work backwards from your due date, filling in the actual dates for your pregnancy. It gives you a better idea of your actual date of conception, and allows you to use it like a calendar. So I can look every day to see what's going on, and make notes. It has places to chart weight and growth, and is a really great way for me to record everything that's going on with this pregnancy. I'm so excited.

The quote for Day 1 is, "Nothing is worth more than this day" by Goethe. I find it particularly powerful.

Thanks to Sam, Dandy and Susan & Shane for my first baby gifts! You guys are awesome!

We've started our baby registry but it's in the very bare-bones early stage...babies need a lot of stuff! My next doctor's appointment is next week, and I'm excited to see how much our baby has grown!

No comments: