Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The sniffles

Well it was bound to happen. Usually twice a year, once in May and once in October, I get a cold that likely develops into a sinus infection. So I shouldn't have been surprised when I started getting sniffly two days ago. Now we're at full-fledged cold and it is a bummer. I realized last night my old standby for colds, Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold, is a no-go because it contains aspirin. Even bigger bummer. So for now I'm using saline drops and Vicks, drinking fluids and trying to rest. I took a doc-approved Benadryl last night, which usually knocks me out for a solid ten hours, and even THAT didn't work.

I woke up starving, so I ate and am hoping I can keep down orange juice for an extra shot of vitamin C. Oscar is being lazily cooperative today, so I think I'll spend as much time in the bed as possible today!

No comments: