Sometimes, I still have a hard time believing (and remembering!) that I'm pregnant. Every once in awhile I just stop and think, "Wow!" It's pretty amazing.
Yesterday I had my 17 week (and 2 days) appointment with the doctor. I like it when they're quick, and this time I was in the parking deck for 28 minutes. Quick urine test (everything's fine), finger prick for the iron test (good to go), blood pressure (120 over 80 like always) and weight. I gained four pounds between appointments, which is just about on track for this stage of my pregnancy. You're supposed to gain around 5 pounds in the first trimester, and then a pound a week until about month 8. So my four pounds in three weeks is at least weight with a purpose!
I reminded my doctor that I didn't want to know the sex until Jay comes home, and that he'd hopefully be home for my next appointment (July 25th). He said he always tries to find out but that if he did, he wouldn't tell me. He wasn't able to find out, so apparently our baby wants it to be a secret from EVERYONE until Jay is home. Head, abdomen and femur size were all normal, so maybe our baby won't get my short genes!
No crazy cravings to report, but I do eat my fair share of popsicles these days! This time around the ultrasound picture doesn't really look like anything, but I promise it's a baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment