Thursday, November 6, 2008

Doctor's Appointment 36 weeks, 3 days

I'm a little behind, since my appointment was Monday! We did the fetal heart rate monitor for 30 minutes again (but it seemed like much longer this time!) and Hayden's heart is pumping away. No contractions, and I'm starting to like this 30-minute relax time.

We did a quick ultrasound and found that he's measuring about 6 lbs, 7oz right now, so he's right on track. "Not too big" was the word on his head size, which is good news for me! He was very active for most of my appointment, as he usually is while I'm laying down. Quick check of the cervix (no dilation yet) and swab for Strep B and we were all done. No ultrasound pics, because Hayden has pretty much settled into a head-down and turned-around position, but he's doing fine in there.

I'm getting very excited and also feeling very unprepared at times. This weekend Jay has a four-day weekend so we'll be getting more organizing done, and maybe putting the car seat base in the back of the car. I'd like to get some packing done for the hospital, since our time is running out. It's not easy when Hayden wants me to sleep, but only at weird hours of the day and NOT at night when Jay sleeps. In my "fun time" these days I'm reading, but also catching up on the scrapbooking I'm SO far behind on. But it's moving quickly, and would move a bit faster if the post office would ship my stuff as soon as I order it. The things you don't get used to here, even after 2.5 years...but it's a lot of fun looking back at the fun stuff I did last year with some of the great people who have come to visit.

Now it's off to clean while I still have the energy!

No comments: