I'm starting to feel a little more pressure, especially when I stand up. This past weekend I started experiencing Braxton-Hicks contractions, according to my book. I was having some intermittent cramping and looked it up in my books and on Babycenter.com, and am pretty sure that's what's going on. They don't last long, they're completely infrequent with no rhyme or reason, so I guess my body is just gearing up for the big event. Lucky me!
We also started doing more getting-ready-for-baby stuff this weekend, which was awesome! Jay put together the swing, the pack n' play and the bouncy seat. I tried to help, but Jay assured me it was his job to put this stuff together, and my job was to have the baby. Glad we got that cleared up! He also wanted nothing to do with having his picture taken, but I told him I didn't want our baby thinking some strange man put his stuff together! So now he'll just think his daddy is silly. We moved around some furniture, and continue to pick up essentials for Hayden (more baby wipes, vaseline, etc.) and I'm working on packing his diaper bag and my hospital bag a little at a time.
I also started a new book, So That's What They're For, about breastfeeding. I really like it so far (I'm about halfway through) and it helps me feel a little more comfortable about nursing. I'm having a little more luck lately with sleeping, depending on when we get up and how much we do in a day. We set up one of his changing stations downstairs, and are waiting for our changing pad to get here to finish up his room. Pictures when it's clean! We ordered a wipes warmer from Amazon a long time ago and never received it. I sent an email to their customer service last night, and they're sending us a new one to replace it! Super excited. Germany is cold and the heating system is a little different than that of the states, so we don't want him to be cold downstairs. I'm sure we'll have no problem keeping his little room warm, and we have some great swaddling sleepers.
Seems like my belly keeps getting bigger! Just a few more weeks and he'll be out, and I think we'll both be grateful for the extra moving room :-)
1 comment:
you are looking good! I know that you guys can't wait for him to be out! Joe feels the same way about Cameron but we still have 11 weeks to go!
Post a Comment