On Tuesday we had a class on making our lives easier during deployment, and I got to do a little
of my volunteer work. I'm the volunteer coordinator for our unit, which involves a lot of emailing to get people to register in our system and log hours. But this month we began our volunteer of the month program, and it was a ton of fun to recognize some of our outstanding volunteers. They work so hard, and it's nice to show some appreciation.
On Wednesday I got a quick haircut and ran some errands while Hayden spent a couple hours in daycare. Later in the evening we got to spend time with Kat, whose wedding we attended in September of last year. Shortly after their wedding, the Mingos headed to Ft. Bliss and had an adorable baby, Colin. Colin and Hayden enjoyed a little time together and then we met some more of our friends for dinner at Delphi, a Greek restaurant. The food and wine were great, and it was fun to catch up with old friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment