Thursday, December 24, 2009

On the mend

Well it has been a long road since this weekend! Hayden had low-grade fevers off and on and was completely messed up on his sleep schedule. He can't help it of course, so I obliged him with 2am playing sessions and food whenever I could get him to eat. For a few days the only thing he would eat were Spaghetti O's or Chef Boyardee. He pushed away all his regular favorites and didn't eat much when he did. Bless his heart!

He started to act like himself on Sunday but we are just now back to normal eating and I'm hoping the sleep will follow suit! He's back to napping normally but goes to bed much later than I'm used to (after 1030pm!) and even last night he woke up at 4am. I gave him some milk and let him hang out in the bed with me in the dark for awhile. Since he's feeling better, I don't want him thinking he gets to decide when playtime happens! After about a half hour he went right back down. It's amazing how much a few days of being sick can change a little one.

He is getting much better at the walking but doesn't cooperate much for videos. I got a short one that I'll post later. He is so curious and determined and loves to explore and test his limits. He's very giggly and silly lately and loves to be tickled. It's fun to play with him but it's even more fun to watch him play with Oscar. They are learning to play together even though Hayden can still be a little rough with him, but Oscar handles it well. I love my little buddies!

No comments: