Sunday, March 21, 2010

Back to Poland

Now that I'm a working woman, the only time we can go to Poland is on the weekends. Most of the shops aren't open on Sundays, so a few weeks ago we planned a trip for this past Saturday. We arranged an all-day babysitter, figured out who was going and who was driving and made our lists.

We woke up at 430 Saturday morning to get everything ready and get Hayden to Amber's for the baby sitter. He was not too pleased with being left with someone at 6am, but he's a trooper. We made quick work of the drive, and were delighted to find that many of the stores had later hours than earlier anticipated. We shopped and shopped, and again I got to shop for other people! We brought some new people along with us, who are already hooked. We also found a new shop and LOVE it! Such a fun day, despite the long drive and early wake-up.

My collection is nearly complete, and one or two more trips should do it! I love all my pieces. I finally got the canisters I wanted, scored an impossible-to-find muffin pan, an egg plate that matches my gravy boat and some great serving dishes. I also found most of the stuff I was looking for for other people. We left around 4, stopped to get food and added another passenger to my car from the other car, and were picking up our kids from the baby sitter at 9. Hayden ate TWO whole pieces of pizza at the bowling alley and did some great napping. Fun!

Today we're taking it easy and cleaning and making homemade vegetable soup and relaxing. Weekends are the best!

No comments: