Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy Halloween!

We were SO excited for Halloween in our new house! We couldn't wait to take Hayden out trick or treating in our new, giant, overly-popular-for-Halloween neighborhood. We were also excited because our cul-de-sac has parties for every holiday, even if it has to be a short one because of work and school the next day. Hayden wore his costume at school for his last day there, and was excited about Halloween! I came home, tossed dinner in the oven, freshened up my own costume (ladybug) and Hayden and I waited impatiently for Jay to eat (we were too excited to eat).


He was the cutest little Woody!

We headed out to our neighborhood and saw tons and TONS of kids. People come from all over Greensboro because Adams Farm is such a concentrated location, so we got to see tons of fun costumes! Hayden got really excited every time he saw another Woody, and I was surprised how few Buzz Lightyears we saw!



After awhile he was tired of the hat so I carried it. At every house that had pumpkins, he made sure to tell me which ones were big, which ones were babies, and that they were our neighbors' pumpkins. He did really well with "thank you" after the candy but "trick or treat" was pretty quiet. I'm always surprised how shy he can be around strangers.



Oscar also loves Halloween because he gets to go with us! One of the neighbors had their dog (and treats) alongside their Halloween candy, and Hayden got really excited to give a treat to Oscar. The good thing about an almost-three-year-old on Halloween is the attention span. After a good 30 minutes, he was ready to go home. Perfect! We checked out his candy, let him have a few pieces and then it was bath and bedtime for our little trick or treater.



Happy Halloween!

No comments: