Last week, I attended a conference for Financial Aid at Embassy Suites in Greensboro. I was excited to finally get in a little professional development, and even more excited that it was in my backyard and NOT across the state. I got to see my Sarah, whom we miss dearly, and meet some new friends. I also ran into two Salem alums, as well as the Financial Aid Office staff from Salem. It was fun to have that piece of "home" amongst a ton of new faces!
Myself, Jen Cassels, Dee Dee Carter and Christy Chesnut, in a quick break between sessions.
I learned a lot, brought back some good informations and some swag for my office, and generally had a good time meeting with other financial aid professionals and learning more about my job. This is a tricky business, with regulations changing all the time and it was nice to hear a lot of things in one place instead of piecing them together.
I'll miss out on the spring conference on account of one newborn baby Rogers, but I'm excited to attend another one later!

No comments:
Post a Comment