The life and times of Jay & Jessica, Hayden & Lila, and of course, Onyx. Come see what we're up to!
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Well. That's done.
Last weekend we made one last round of trips to the apartment to pick up a few odds and ends, and to clean. Jay and Hayden packed up the car and I stayed behind to scrub and vacuum and whatnot. It was nice to have a few minutes to myself to reflect on our time in the apartment. As I wiped out the fridge and scrubbed the tub, I found myself surprised that I had zero attachment to those walls. I remember standing in our apartment in Germany, closing the door one last time and trying not to cry. THAT place, where I spent almost five years and went from newlywed to mom in what seemed like a blink, where we brought Oscar and Hayden both home to, where we had friends over for good times and bad...I was so sad to leave it and so terrified for what would come next. But I guess this time, I wasn't sad to leave it because I knew I was headed home. Truly home, to a house I own, that we will make a million new memories in with new family members. I'm grateful for our little transition apartment, but I had a much harder time saying goodbye to Hayden's old daycare than I did to Lake Brandt Place apartments! Jay turned in our keys yesterday and we officially only have one residence now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment