Saturday, October 27, 2012

Baked brie, the easy way

I hesitate to even call this a "recipe" because it's so simple. I LOVE baked brie, it's one of my very favorite appetizers. But I have no patience for puff pastry, phyllo dough, or the other things that make it fabulous. So I ran across this on Pinterest, and it seemed to good to be true.

8 oz can crescent roll dough
8 oz wheel of brie
2 T preserves (I used apricot)
1 egg
Bread/apples to serve with

Unroll the crescent dough and make two sections of squares (keep two triangles together). Push them a little to close the seams. Lay one square flat, and place unwrapped brie (minus the rind) in the middle. Top with the 2T preserves, spreading across. Take the other squares and place it on top of the preserves. Pinch it all the way around to seal. Brush the top with beaten egg.

Bake 22-24 minutes at 350 or until golden brown. Let cool so it can firm up a bit. Note: it's still good, even if you forget it's in the oven and 1/4 of the cheese oozes out the sides. True story.

1 comment:

Christina McPants said...

Meigh and I had a game night last night and we made this using some of my raspberry jalapeno jam. DELICIOUS. No leftovers.